Saturday, September 20, 2008

What i am reading at the moment....

The book that i am reading at the moment is A Thousand Splendid Suns by: Khaled Hosseini. So far the thesis of the book seems to be even though all odds may be against you, you must keep going. The author proves this by creating a character named Miriam, who even at birth has to struggle to stay alive. I personally do not agree with the authors' position because i just do not like to see, read, or write about people suffering. Although i do not agree with the author, i still believe that this could turn out to be a wonderful book, because of the the amazing characters, and because i have read another great book by him, The Kite Runner.  SO, i must say, if you have not already picked up a book by Hosseini, you really should, to start on a new adventure.

5 comments:

Tenzin said...

VERY GOOD!!!
Will's blog has met all the terms of the blog assignment in a splendid language.

Emily said...

Really good thesis! Good position aswell.

Katie said...

I've heard from a lot of people that this is a really good book!

Elise said...

I agree it is very good. and i also do not like to read about people suffering (unless it has a happy ending).

KristinB said...

I've read the Kite Runner, and I actually have A Thousand Splendid Suns on my shelf but haven't started it yet...I know I need to soon because everyone that's read it says it's amazing.

I agree that it's hard to read these kinds of books sometimes, but at the same time I do think it's important to read about suffering because I know it makes me more aware. Especially when written by an author as talented as Hosseini, stories of suffering and triumph have the power to affect our view of the world and move us to work towards change.