Monday, November 24, 2008

quarter two post five

As i looked through my bookshelf, i realized i had nothing good to read, so i quickly turned to All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy, a book that some enriched english students are reading.

Big mistake. I'd heard that it was not a very good book, but i didn't think it'd be so boring. I barely read the first chapter (which was very long) and i wanted to put the book down and never touch it again. It's about a young man names John Grady Cole who runs away from home with his friend Rawlins to Mexico because he wants to find freedom.

I don't know about you, but i think that John Grady Cole was very immature to run away. I think that maybe he should've just stuck it out at home. He ran away partly because his dad wouln't listen to him about quitting smoking. Which doesn't make sense to me..

Why would you run away from home to prove to your dad that your right and that he's going to die?

I do not think that you should read this book. :)

No comments: