Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quarter 4 post 1

The book I am reading, dance dance dance by: Haruki Murakami is so far a great book. The book is about this guy that does odd jobs in writing, mainly for magazines and newspaper articles. His life seems pretty boring, but he keeps talking about this old run down hotel he once stayed at with his ex girlfriend. As the novel progresses the main character (Who apparently does not have a name) drinks A LOT ( I think he is an alcoholic), and he goes to the new hotel built in the same location as the old hotel, with the same name. he meets this receptionist who is curious about the old hotel and they go out.

I think that the main character not having a name makes this novel more mysterious, since it is a mystery, I also think it adds to his drinking (literally every page talks about the alcoholic beverage he drinks) . The main mystery of the book is the hotel and the mysterious disappearance of his ex girlfriend which is made obvious when he clearly states that “Kiki is the key” (pg 14 Murakami) I thinks that it could develop more and ultimately be a very good plot….. but there are still many confusing things about it so I will have to wait and see… one other interesting thing Is how into detail the Author/main character get into detail about the main characters sex life and how he is pretty much a man whore who sleeps around (and drinks A LOT). I thinks that this novel will continue to grow on me and hope to continue reading it.

No comments: