Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quarter 4 post 2

As I was reading dance dance dance I decided I had to blog. Since the last time I read, the main character has called his ex-partner (who also has no name)and asked him to look into the hotel. He looks into the hotel and finds out stuff like it was bought by a corporation and they agreed to keep the old hotel name : the dolphin hotel. After that the main character drinks a lot and talks about sex ( what else is new in this book?), but is soon in the same situation as the receptionist on a completely dark floor.

I think that the main character calling his ex- partner is showing that he knows how to get what he want s if he really wants it. I also think that the author chose an annoying way of naming the characters, no name at all, it makes all the characters seem really disjointed and un-whole as people in the books. Another thing in the novel that I do not like is the author’s character development, the author constantly brings up these random “fantasies “ in the main characters head, that really distract from the story that is already going on. I think that the fantasies make the person just forget what happens because they are so long and drawn out. One last thing about the book thus far is the reoccurring elevator dark floor story, as the story goes on I think it will be more detailed but as of right now its vague and boring.

No comments: