Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my heroes project- everyday people

when you ask someone what comes to mind when you say hero, most of them are quick to say"superman", or "batman". I rarely hear someone say "My doctor is my hero" or "my teacher was my hero", so for my heroes project, I'm going to focus on the everyday heroes. The people who risk there lives everyday, who serve our country,who help heal our wounds, who save our life , who protect us from harm, or even those who help us grow into good people. The thing that i noticed about all the traits listed above is; they are all traits that describe ordinary people, not a person with super powers and

     
 A Teacher for All Seasons

A teacher is like Spring,
Who nurtures new green sprouts,
Encourages and leads them,
Whenever they have doubts.


A teacher is like Summer,
Whose sunny temperament
Makes studying a pleasure,
Preventing discontent.


A teacher is like Fall,
With methods crisp and clear,
Lessons of bright colors
And a happy atmosphere.

A teacher is like Winter,
While it’s snowing hard outside, 
Keeping students comfortable,
As a warm and helpful guide.


Teacher, you do all these things,
With a pleasant attitude;
You’re a teacher for all seasons,
And you have my gratitude!

By Joanna Fuchs

This is significant because it shows that heroes help those in need.I chose this poem because it shows teachers are heroes, and sometimes we don't even realize how much they are helping us, or trying to help us.

Brave Soul




This Video makes us understand the tough  things that heroes go through. I chose this video, because it  is showing that firefighters are heroes, risking their own lives (tough thing)  to save our own when we are in our time of need.

I've Got Your Back


I am a small and precious child,
my dad's been sent to fight.
The only place I'll see his face,
is in my dreams at night. 
He will be gone too many days
for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud.
My daddy's got your back. 

I am a caring mother.
My son has gone to war.
My mind is filled with worries
that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep
my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud.
My son has got your back. 

I am a strong and loving wife,
with a husband soon to go.
There are times I'm terrified
in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile
as I watch my husband pack.
My heart may break,
but I am proud.
My husband has got your back. 

I am a soldier, serving
proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine
by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing,
the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home
and remember who's got your back.

by Autumn Parker

This is significant, because it shows how all heroes must give up something to become a hero.I chose This poem because it  shows that soldiers are heroes, because they give up a piece of their own lives so that we can be safe.

conclusion

While i was studying heroes, i came to a realization, there are two types of heroes. The first type of hero being someone who is idolized and has superpowers , like superman, and the other being a normal person doing the right thing like a firefighter. The heroes with powers are the ones that always get recognition for saving a life or city... etc..While the ones who are just doing the right thing, go unnoticed, even though i think that they are more important because they keep everything in order ( running hospitals , saving people, teaching the people of the future etc.). Heroes that have super powers also live a secret life, while normal people live "normal" lives. As you can see there are two types of heroes in the world that we live in.


3 comments:

shelby said...

good project!

Sasha said...

Will, your heroes project is very inspiring. It makes me want to jump inside a buring building just to save some people I don't know. Thank you Will for making me feel that way.

Sara said...

good project! a plus!!
=]