Tuesday, October 21, 2008

what i am reading



today i read some articles online, mostly about politics which is boring to me(and boring to write about!!), so I'm going to write about my sisters favorite book, Olivia by: Ian Falconer.If you are unfamiliar with the theme of the Olivia books, it is in my opinion: to be yourself. I think this is an interesting theme because very often people do not act like themselves, because they want to be accepted by certain people or groups. An example of this is in high school where people trade their true identities for fragments of respect and so called friends (unless you have read Olivia of course). On the positive side of Olivia, it teaches kids to be themselves, and not be tricked into loosing their identity. SO if you are tired of reading articles or books that bore you, pick up Olivia as a mental pick me up, thats simple and fun to read.

No comments: