Saturday, October 18, 2008

what i have been reading

Today, for english; I was reading one of my older brothers books about the french foreign legion called : Legion of the Lost: by Jaime Salazar.  the book starts of with Salazar's before he was in the legion, and shows how he progresses with each chapter. unless you have a pretty good understanding of the french foriegn legion, this book might not be for you, as it is not for me. With the integration of  french orders in nearly every paragraph the book seems more difficult to understand.On the plus side, there is action and adventure around every corner, from training to field action, you are sure to come across something. So if you are a die hard action fan or non-fiction war story fan i would suggest this book for you, but if you are like me and you dont care for it then you should definitly not read this book( i personally am no longer going to read this book). 

1 comment:

KristinB said...

It took me a few years of reading to learn the lesson that it's okay to put down a book if I don't like it :) I'm glad you know that already--I wasted many hours/days on books I didn't enjoy. Reading for fun should be fun, so it's good that you know what you enjoy and what you don't. And there's a difference between something that's hard but rewarding, and something that's just not worth your time. I'm excited to hear what you pick up next.